Mission Statement and GoalsUpdated Wednesday March 23, 2016 by Kurt Landfors.
Littleton Tigers Youth Football and Cheer (LYTFC), is an all-volunteer youth football and cheer organization established to promote the wholesome development of youth and enjoyment in participation in related games and events through their association with adult leaders in the sport of American Tackle Football, Cheer, and Flag Football. LYTFC serves residents of Littleton, Massachusetts and surrounding communities.
LYTFC is dedicated to teaching youth through positive role models. Emphasis is on learning, playing, and enjoying the sport while instilling high moral standards by stressing the importance of academic achievement and community involvement. Helping kids become leaders and teammates, LYTFC players will learn to both foster confidence and a sense of self-worth that extend beyond the gridiron and into the school, family and community.
Sportsmanship, teamwork, honesty, responsibility and self-discipline are among the traits needed by youngsters to face the future with positive aspirations and confidence. If we teach them positive lessons, such as playing by the rules, our young athletes will learn to live by the rules.
1) To provide football and cheer programs at both recreational and competitive levels.
2) To focus primarily on a fun participant experience in the recreational programs, and to focus primarily on player development and competitiveness in the competitive programs.
3) To develop participants in the competitive programs so that they will be prepared for success in the Littleton High School Football and Cheer programs, and so that the Littleton High School programs will be successful.
4) To focus on player safety in all programs.
5) To promote good sportsmanship, teamwork, the highest moral and physical standards, as well as the importance of scholarship and academic achievement.
6) To make youth football and cheer as inclusive as possible by not restricting participation based on race, religion, sex, or financial status.
7) To provide support to the volunteers, coaches, and board members such that they may continuously improve the quality of the program, address the mission statement and organization bylaws, and have a positive experience in execution of their responsibilities in the program.